Funny thing...the DAY before Earth Day, I got this strange urge to move things around in my studio. I have this beautiful, and LARGE Sylvia cutting table, and I knew I could reconfigure it so that I could open out the table the whole way (It has two drop sides, and I only had one side up).
What I thought (ha!) would be a quick project, turned into 8 hours of complete reorganization and a fantastic and completely productive new set-up. Little did I know that 24 hours later, I would be on my way to making over 600 new sandwich bags, and finally have the perfect set up for such a mass-production? Kind of cool how things worked out that way.
Thought I'd post some before and after pics. The before pictures were taken in January 2009, so just less than 4 months before I decided to do a switch-a-roo. Oh yah, and I added new lighting - it's like a whole new world!
View from the entrance - BEFORE:
View from the Entrance - AFTER:
Fabric Storage/Cutting area: BEFORE
Fabric storage area/Ironing area: AFTER
View of Ironing Area: BEFORE
View of Cutting Area: AFTER
New shelving to hold the rapidly multiplying fabric stash:
View from the sewing machine: (My space is optimized, and there is a much better flow/path through the area)
And a few last photos...that moving around was good, because I need LOTS of floor space when I'm packing orders: